Recent studies have shown that exposure to nature benefits children by:
- improving their ability to work co- operatively.
- Increasing self-esteem and self-confidence.
- improves attention.
- There is a reduction in stress rates.
- increases self-awareness and awareness of others.
- There is a reduction of aggression.
- increase in overall happiness.
What do children like about learning outdoors:
- Making a mess
- Working in teams
- Being more noisy
- Being more physical – doing tasks
- Exploring and finding things (natural resources)
- learning in the fresh air (multi-sensory)
- it’s relaxing
- it’s fun