The first day of spring. The Vernal Equinox 20th March
- The word equinox is Latin for “equal night” which means there is an equal length of time between day and night.
- In reality though, equinoxes do not have exactly 12 hours of daylight.
- The March equinox marks the moment the sun crosses the celestial equator bringing spring to the northern hemisphere.
- The Vernal Equinox has long been celebrated as a time of new beginnings and rebirth
- Many cultures celebrate spring festivals and holidays around the March equinox, like Easter and Passover
The Christ Church pond is showing the first signs of spring.