- Parachute or a large piece of lycra material,
- piles of leaves collected from the ground (or pine cones)
- Method:- Encourage the children to space themselves around the parachute so that there are no large gaps.
- Pour a pile of leaves into the middle of the parachute.
- Make waves with the parachute so the leaves fly up into the air and watch them fly in all directions – especially if the wind is blowing.
Children also enjoy lying on top of the parachute and playing with the leaves.
- A fun way of collecting leaves from the playground.
- Also good to recycle the leaves after use, to add to the leaf mould bins.
- This activity changes with the seasons