What you need:
- Some dry leaves Old newspaper
- A few heavy books
How to make:
- First you need to collect lots of different dry leaves.
- Place one of the heavy books on a table and then place a sheet of newspaper on top of it. The newspaper absorbs the moisture from the leaves and stops them rotting
- Now you can choose some interesting leaves to place on top of the newspaper. Try to space them out so that they’re not touching.
- Next place a sheet of newspaper over the leaves and place another heavy book on top.
- Repeat the layers (ending up with a book on top) until you’ve used up all your leaves. It’s a bit like making a leafy, newspapery lasagne!
- Leave your stack for 1 or 2 weeks and then carefully remove the layers to see how your leaves have turned out!
There are lots of things you can do with your pressed leaves. Why not use them to decorate cards for friends and family, make them into decorations or place them into a twig frame?